Sunday, July 17, 2011

Cool off with Banana Berry Smoothie Popsicles!

It was a hot weekend and I was inspired to make something to cool down.  I wandered through the grocery store and came across popsicle molds and I found my answer.  I haven't made these things in years, but I went for them and made a batch of smoothie pops.  The prep took all of 3 minutes and they were frozen in just a few hours.  You just need some simple ingredients, a blender, a popsicle mold, and a freezer.  Best of all, they were cheap to make (less than 1$ a batch compared to 4$ or more) and I knew that they weren't full of corn syrup or extra sugar!  Did I mention how delicious they were?

These low-calorie pops contain no added sugar and have about 1/2 cup of fruit per serving!  The yogurt and milk (or soymilk) add a little calcium for a refreshing snack or light dessert!  Hint: If you used fat-free greek yogurt there would be double the protein and would be more filling!

Easy Banana Berry Popsicles
Makes 6 popsicles

Ingredients
1/2 cup Light and Fit Yogurt (vanilla)
1/2 cup skim milk or soy milk
1 cup frozen berries (I used blueberry, strawberry, raspberry)
1 banana

Directions:  Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.  Fill popsicle molds and allow to freeze (3-4 hours)

Nutrition Facts: 1 popsicle
~45 calories, 10 g carbohydrates, 2 g protein, 0 g fat, 1 g fiber

Cool off at your next BBQ with these smoothie pops!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print!