Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Roasted Summer Squash and Sun-dried Tomatoes

Today was a gloomy day, which means I didn't go running outside. Although I didn't make any progress with my fitness, we did have an early dinner and relaxing evening, which is much needed every once and a while! I was not really in the mood to cook from scratch, so I was happy to see that I had picked out some Quorn "meatballs" (soy-free, meat-free meatballs) at the store last week. 

Although processed, they were very delicious and ok in my book on occasion. One serving (4 meatballs) contains only 90 calories, 1.5 grams of fat, 7 grams of carbohydrate, and 13 g of protein. I paired them with marinara sauce, some roasted summer squash and zucchini, and a side of whole wheat angel hair pasta for a tasty meal. 

Roasted Summer Squash and Sun-dried Tomatoes
Serves 6

Ingredients:
2 summer squash, sliced
1 zucchini, sliced
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried basil
salt/pepper to taste
2 Tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp sun-dried tomatoes

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a casserole pan with cooking spray.
2. Add squash to dish and drizzle olive oil, herbs, salt/pepper, parmesan, and spread sun-dried tomatoes evenly throughout dish.
3. Bake for 25 minutes.

Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup squash 
55 calories, 2 grams protein, 5 grams carbohydrates, 2 grams fibers, 3 grams fat, 80 mg sodium

Have a happy and healthy week! Keep up with your nutrition goals... the results are always worth it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print!