Thursday, May 2, 2013

Grilled Spicy Swordfish

I had the most relaxing and successful day off today. I started my day with some scrambled eggs and a slice of homemade bread. Then took off for a run... the longest run I have ever done in my life (6.2 miles). I have been training with shorter runs so I felt pretty awesome afterwards... not beat at all (although I definitely was sweaty!) I refueled with a soymilk and blueberry smoothie and started my errands for the day. I ended with a sun-bathing session and a lovely homemade mojito before dinner. Overall, a fabulous day! 

Dinner tonight was on the grill (it was 80 degrees and sunny today!).  I pulled out some swordfish that I had frozen and paired it with some fingerling potatoes and summer squash/zucchini. Live and cook simply!!! Grilled vegetables take on so much flavor that they really only need some olive oil, garlic, and salt/pepper and will taste amazing. It was an easy dinner that looks and tastes like it takes hours to prepare. Best yet, while everything is on the grill, you can enjoy your favorite adult beverage in the sun! 

Grilled Spicy Swordfish 
Serves 4

Ingredients:
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp Cajun seasoning
1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) 
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
1/8 tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper, to taste
1.5 pounds of swordfish

Directions: 
1. Mix marinade ingredients in a medium sized bowl. 
2. Add swordfish to marinade and cover, refrigerated for at least 30 minutes. 
3. Preheat your grill. Grill fish on each side for about 5 minutes or until white in the center

Nutrition facts: 4-5 oz fish, 1 cup squash, 1/2 cup grilled potatoes
350 calories, 37 g protein, 23 g carbohydrates, 11 g fat (2 g saturated), 3 g fiber, 250 mg sodium


No comments:

Post a Comment

Print!